Your dream home is just a call away!
Tropical Builders Inc. has been in business of over 20 years and is still going strong. Just give us a call or fill out the forum below to get started. All of our estimates are free of charge!
Expert Construction Services in Hawai'i
Whether you want something simple like a basic kitchen remodel or you’re looking to build a brand new home, Tropical Builders is here to help you every step of the way! Tropical Builders has been in the Residential and Commercial construction business for over 18 years and we are still going strong! With extensive experience with various types of projects, we have the right tools and people to help you with whatever you need. Don't hesitate to ask us a question! If you can dream it, we can build it.
We offer a complete range of construction services in Hawai'i for every type of project. We guarantee dedication to your project whether we are working on the nitty-gritty of architectural design, budgeting, supervising, or educating on the operation and maintenance of installed materials and equipment. We also use high quality materials for all of our buildings and renovations all while providing you with the best possible service. Here are just a few of the services we offer:
One Stop Shop
We have our own team of architects and engineers so you can be sure that we can provide and deliver everything you need! We have also developed a network of local subcontractors and suppliers who are dedicated to making your construction project an enjoyable experience with all of our core values in mind. This way, you won’t have to worry about hiring multiple people. Your friends, the Tropical Builders, ensure that you won’t have to stress over supervising multiple employees. That’s the benefit of hiring a general contractor; you can rest easy and trust us to keep everything in order. As always, all of this is backed by our customer satisfaction guarantee.
High Quality Work
We live in an ever changing and fast paced world. Don't let your home get left behind! As buildings become more and more complex and components become more varied, Tropical Builders Inc. makes it a point to keep up with the times to provide you with the best possible service. It is our priority to build and maintain your home using only the best materials in the market. We build and develop with your best interest in mind and with your vision as our first priority. We will present options that will best fit your:
High Quality Material Choices
Why is it important that you use high quality materials on your house? You might think the answer to this question is obvious, but you would be surprised at how often this key component is over-looked. Aside from the obvious there are a lot of details when it comes to gathering materials that are necessary. Such as using termite treated wood. Living in paradise also has its drawbacks when it comes to protecting your home. Here are some things people in Hawai'i have to watch out for:
- High Wind Areas
- High winds can cause two conditions: uplift and racking. The effects range from taking shingles off your roof to driving rain up under the roof and into your home causing severe leakage.
- Ocean Spray
- While living near the beach is one of the main perks of living in Hawai’i, there are many different issues to safeguard your home against. Ocean spray affects the integrity of the exterior paint job of your home and break down the materials you’ve chosen for your home due to the salty moisture that invades and destroys everything it touches without constant upkeep.
- High Erosive Areas
- When building projects in this area, it is crucial that the contractor is able to predict and thus protect your project against the constant threat of erosion. There are so many little details that could trigger and thus damage your home so your foundation needs to be built or reinforced to withstand that type of damage.
- Flood Zones
- You want to ensure that your home is built to withstand possible flood complications. There are many moisture-driven issues that rise out of homes in flood zones such as mold, paint deterioration, as well as the corrosion of your home’s structure.
- High Rain Areas
- Rain can damage your home in two main areas. Installation of chimneys or skylights or any other vents can create areas of penetration requiring sealants like caulk and roof cement; these are more susceptible to water damage and need to be inspected/replaced annually. Secondly, the integrity of your home’s foundation is challenged by the ability of the soil to absorb rain. Its effects range from basement leaks to the entire foundation shifting.
- Extremely Dry/Hot Areas
- Roofing materials wear down significantly faster in warmer climate versus cooler climates. Homes in these types of areas are prone to cracks and voids as well. You also need to consider the best cooling technology options that will work for your home.
- And countless other environmental factors!
"Joel did an outstanding job on our lanai. Good work ethic. Finished the job on time!"